Hope you are All doing good. It takes immense pleasure in writing this article.
Recently, I happened to see his statue not in temple or in any Holy Place, but in airport. yes, I have seen this statue in CHENNAI AIRPORT, INDIA.
Fine, Who is he? y is he standing with his one leg lifted up?
Started exploring olden myths (puraanam)
This pic was taken in XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 4,CAM 13 MP(WITHOUT ZOOM)
on exploring, I came to know that, this statue is lord SHIVA, God of Destroyer. This statue is a replica of two millenium old statue in Chidambaram, THILLAI NATARAJAR TEMPLE,
The reason for lifting his leg is a type of dance, ie.,it indicates the following
- The demon under Lord’s leg indicates that ignorance is under his feet
- The fire in his hand denotes he is the Destroyer of evil
- The raised hands indicates he is the saviour
- The drum indicates the origination of life
- His right Eyes, left eye and 3rd eye indicates the SUNIL, MOON and FIRE respectively.
- The arc of fire indicates the COSMOS AND PERPETUAL MOTION OF EARTH.
I am enlightened with a bunch of info from GOOGLE SURF AND WIKIPEDIA.
I THOGHT I LANDED IN AIRPORT,
BUT, THE REAL THING IS MY EXPLORATION IS TAKEN OFF FROM THERE.
hope you love it!!!!!!!